There are so many people that don’t even know what a VA (Virtual Assistant) is. Well, that is why I’m writing this post for you.
A Virtual Assistant may be a self-employed or freelance professional administrative assistant. They generally help entrepreneurs, small business owners, non-profit organizations and realtors. VA’s provide technical and social assistance to clients remotely from their home-based office. Virtual assistants aren’t employees they’re independent contractors. You are not accountable for any employee-related taxes, insurance or benefits.
Clients additionally avoid having to supply further office space equipment or supplies. When you have an in-office employee, you have to pay for breaks and lunches, with a VA you pay 100% for productive work. A virtual assistant will also shave hours off your work week by handling all the tedious jobs that cause all those late and additional hours.
Virtual Assistants are becoming more and more popular, mainly in the U.S but is slowly getting that way in Canada as well. Let’s take a look at what a Virtual Assistant can do for you!
Human Resource VA Services
A Human Resource virtual assistant will almost do everything similar to your regular HR office worker except that you simply get to keep them for a fraction of the cost
- Job postings – The Human Resources VA can find you serious and relevant candidates by posting a listing of open positions with their descriptions and requirements. He or she will post online on prime job boards or social media to get countless applications.
- Administer screening tests – As a part of the hiring method, online screening tests or pre-employment tests are required to know if the job seeker is aware of what their goals are. Your VA will be the one to screen out the candidates who don’t seem to be appropriate for your organization or company.
- Resume/profile review – once the candidates pass the initial screening, your Human Resources assistant can then conduct a customized critique of resumes. No need to go through tons of profiles—the skilled VA can handle it.
- Background checking – your HR assistant can perform background checks or background investigation on the candidates to identify potential problems that would have an effect on your company. Assessment can include employment history, employer feedback, and authenticating the credentials and references.
- Send a congratulatory email to brand new hires – A new job congratulatory email may be a good and courteous way to welcome the new hires aboard. The VA can include many different ways to contact you, by email, phone, website and social media, along with the next steps to take.
- Send work requirements and job contracts – As a customary procedure, the assistant can send requirements and employment contracts to stipulate each party’s rights, duties and obligations. this can ensure a safe and secure work setting as well as a smooth transition.
- Employee payroll tracking – let your VA set up payroll system to track your employees’ DTR. Let your VA manage, schedule, and calculate payroll, coverage and invoicing.
- Employee attendance tracking – Your HR VA can keep track of attendance by creating a template to record all employees’ time without work and document whether they were off sick, took a vacation or a personal day etc..
Some companies may require a specialized skill set that should be best handled by virtual assistants who are professional and have had the specific training needed.
Some of these may include but are not limited to:
- Accounting – VA may be a qualified bookkeeper or CPA able to do accounting or accountancy tasks such as tax filing and preparation of documents, payroll, inventory control/analysis, month-end closing reports, money reports, budgeting, and alternative accounting tasks.
- Blogging/Writing – Blogging and content writing could be a good way to draw in internet visitors. A blogger VA promoting by positioning you as a knowledgeable skilled expert in your field and showing individuals you’ll be able to help solve their issues.
- Proofreading – Send your message out professionally by eliminating numerous misprints and spelling errors. A proofreader VA will review and correct your piece so you get it right the first time.
- Setting up FB ads – Social media VAs will work their magic and build your ads superb. Not only that, they will check with you on budget and proper targeting so you’ll see results for your hard-earned money.
- Write or proofread launch sequence emails – Guide your leads with efficiency down the sales funnel by using email sequence. Your VA will strategically set up a campaign such as welcoming them to your business, motivating them to find out more, and eventually thanking them for his or her purchase.
- Create Canva images – Fact: pictures are one of the simplest ways that to get traffic and keep individuals talking and sharing. A VA will simply create graphics from wonderful drag-and-drop tools like Canva—anything from social media pictures to infographics, posters, brochures, blog headers, ebooks, flyers, etc.
- Work with printing companies – The VA may also send designs to your chosen printing place to have them printed and shipped to you.
- Copyright images – Have your VA add a watermark to your videos, documents, layouts or photos. It’s another way of branding too!
Admin, Executive, Personal Assistant Tasks
A virtual assistant will act as your “virtual secretary” who will give client service support and take care of all the admin stuff that takes a part of your daily activities. you’ll be able to assign work to a VA indefinitely, here are some the most in-demand virtual assistant tasks:
- Email management – Reply, send, filter and archive all email communication. you choose what emails move to that folder and therefore the VA can sort them accordingly. Work on a clutter-free inbox and answer those who need your attention. Or, have him or her produce email templates and reply on your behalf.
- Chat support – Live chat agents are often your front-liners to help your customers and web site guests. they will answer product inquiries and aid everybody in his or her online-buying selections. they will conjointly resolve client service or technical problems to make certain your business transactions run swimmingly.
- Appointment setting – Virtual Assistants can secure real-time appointments; reschedule and cancel appointments on your behalf. They collect a person’s information corresponding to the name, address, payment method, best time to contact, etc. The agents may also deliver your sales scripts and record orders into a database.
- Handle inbound/outbound calls – client service rep will answer phone calls and additionally can do follow-up calls to represent your company. These skilled call handlers educate prospects on merchandise, services, and prices, and encourage them to create a sale.
- Calendar management – similar to appointment setting, assistants can even manage your events and different monthly activities. they enable electronic access to schedules and calendars by multiple users, therefore, it might be easier to collaborate along with your team.
- Research – Conduct analysis for white papers. Virtual admin assistants can search just about anything from data and media, case studies, tutorials or technical articles. research is straightforward however it needs a great deal of your time. If you discover yourself too busy to browse online, then this can be a perfect task to outsource to a VA.
- Data entry – reduce the work of your internal staff by delegating data entry tasks to VAs to tackle the massive volume of documents. Also, there’s no need for you to buy high-priced software and storage because the virtual assistant would supply it for you. Your information would be kept safely and your company’s efficiency would be enhanced.
- Travel booking and assistance – A travel specialist will be an excellent help on your next vacation. Free yourself of the burden of reconnoitring and calling simply to get a decent deal. Your VA can research regarding the place, in addition, to ticket handling, hotel accommodations, refunds, exchanges, rescheduling, and preparation of your travel itinerary.
- Restaurant reservations – Works well alongside travel booking assistance. Your dedicated virtual assistant can find and reserve a really great spot for you to dine and enjoy together with your family, colleagues, and friends.
- Online shopping and errands – Have your VA run some errands for you—virtually! she will be able to purchase your groceries or family needs online, pay bills, book a seat in a movie theatre, or anything you can think of. If you’re running late for work, it’s nice to have an assistant to figure out your to-do list.
- Documentation and updating of files – Includes creating PDF forms, updating contracts, formatting documents, etc.
- Bookkeeping – Includes excel accounting data entry, record management, bank & credit reconciliation; Maintaining cash flow, accounts on QuickBooks or another accounting program; and payroll processing
- Creating reports – you’ll be able to provide any information and the VA can turn them into mileage reports, sales reports, postage cost reports, etc.
- Prepare meeting minutes – gifted virtual office assistants will turn your scribbles and scrawls into superbly clear and arranged minutes.
- Moderating blogs – instead of permitting comments in your blog right away, get somebody to moderate them first. A live blog is not private and people can find them long after you’ve published them, therefore, it’s better to have plenty of nice comments and not simply spam links from users and bots.
- Creating spreadsheets – Look for a Virtual Assistant who knows the ins and outs of spreadsheets, Microsoft Excel and Word. you’ll find it as one of your weaknesses but sooner or later you might want it for account management, record keeping, or even PR contacts.
- Sending client invoices – Works nicely for business owners, consultants, and coaches. you’ll be able to do it via audio recording or email your hours and billing data to your VA and he or she will do the invoices. You get double check them and the VA sends them–you get paid!
- Credit management – now, it might feel quite odd and ‘personal’ when you inform your clients of their payments. No worries, your VA will handle a very simple, matter-of-fact approach and get the cash in. You don’t need to worry regarding emotions or guilt and still treat your clients like royalty.
- Troubleshooting – If you’re selling an online course or product, VAs can act as your front-end support to answer and facilitate with customer problems.
- Internet analysis on product and services – Browse and find rival sites and see what works best for them.
Web Design and Maintenance
Technical virtual assistants can produce a compelling website for your business. Some of the website development tasks are as follows:
- Blog and personal Sites – A virtual assistant can create a blog for articles, advertisements, and resumes—with general topics like business, cooking, travel, how-to, DIY, parenting, etc.
- Real Estate Sites – website for real estate business, investors, agents, brokers, or property management corporations. it’ll require a responsive layout along with helpful tools like Google maps, image enhancers and listing search buttons.
- Business and E-commerce Sites – one of the most in-depth sites to develop—require features like payment systems, product attachments, downloadable files, and categorization of product or services.
- Portfolio, News and Magazine Sites – sites used for videos, images, and numerous hubs of arts and media content online.
- Domain registration and website hosting – At the very beginning of your business, you get to select a website name and a hosting account. the web designer VA can guide you step-by-step through this process.
- Install WordPress – tech VAs will assist you with creating your very own WordPress website with plugins and themes.
- WordPress theme customization – Then, if you wish to alter something from font styles, colour, to headers, sidebars, and certain sections of the website, you’ll be able to additionally request your VA to do so for you.
- Create contact forms – Capture website visitors’ contact information right on your page by making contact forms. you’ll conjointly use it for building your mailing list or making an RSVP form for any occasion. Let readers get in contact without exposing your email address.
- Create Payment System – Paypal and different ways of selling. As mentioned, business and e-commerce sites need this feature. This makes it hassle-free for purchasers to order online while not having to call your salespeople.
- Setup, monitor and manage affiliates – similarly, the VA will manage a page where you provide a referral fee for your customers each time they send somebody your way WHO wants your services.
Administrative and Real Estate Virtual Assistants are most requested but you’ll also be able to find VAs with a lot of specialized and technical skills. They accommodate demand across a large scope of prime industries.
ARE YOU READY TO TAKE BACK YOUR LIFE?
For More Information
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below, email me Laurie@brooksprofessionalgroup.com or leave a message on our chat service and I will get back to you